Have you ever thought about volunteering to try and make a difference to the lives of vulnerable women and girls? Do you want to find out more about the work involved in supporting survivors of sexual violence?
Then come to our Volunteering Café to find out more about volunteering at TRC as well as join some of the current volunteers for some pizza and a quiz!
Where: Women and Children’s Centre, 33 Cross Street, Sale M33 7FT
When: Monday 15th April, 7-9pm
What: informal chat to find out more about TRC – and free pizza!
How: Register on our Eventbrite page
Volunteering with Trafford Rape Crisis can include:
- Volunteering on both our helplines, (generic and Black, Asian and Minoritized Ethnic), to provide essential support for women and girls who have been raped or sexually abused whether recently or in the past.
- Providing email support to women who have experienced the above
- Face to Face Counselling (qualified trauma-informed counsellors)
- Fundraising and event organising
- Campaigning, Press and Media
- Publicity and Social Media
- Funding and bid writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Human Resources
- Garden maintenance
We would like to encourage women of all backgrounds and experience to join TRC. We will provide an in-depth volunteer training programme (the next one is scheduled for May 2019). A willingness/desire to embrace a feminist way of working, and a commitment to be part of an organisation supporting women and girls affected by rape and sexual violence is most important. In return, you will receive on-going support in your role, access to internal and external training and a chance to really make a difference to the lives of vulnerable women and girls.
If you’d like to join us, please register on our Eventbrite page, here.