If you would like to become a volunteer at Trafford Rape Crisis then please get in touch. Volunteers will work on the telephone helpline but will also contribute to publicity, administration and fundraising.
Our training is delivered by highly experience trainers in rape crisis work. We ask for a commitment to work on the helpline once training has been completed. We have recently completed our 2012 training programme and will be planning our next training later this year - please contact us in the meantime if you would be interested.
To give you an idea of what we cover, here's the outline of our last training programme, although we're always working to improve our training programme so there may be some changes for the next training.
|Intro session||6 hours||Rape Crisis philosophy, intro to TRC, first steps in listening skills,
aims of Rape Crisis phone work.
|Session 2||3 hours||Challenging rape myths, more on listening skills.|
|Session 3||3 hours||Sexual abuse of girls, work with adult survivors of childhood abuse.|
|Session 4||6 hours||Anti-oppressive working, Race/sexuality/age/class/disability.|
|Session 5||6 hours||Support services for women, TRC development work,
legal framework on rape.
After each training programme there will be a review with each volunteer and an induction session before women begin work on the line.
If you are able to commit to us, then please email us at email@example.com for more information.
Can you be one of our friends? With a little help, Trafford Rape Crisis can develop to include:
· Longer helpline opening hours;
· More training for our volunteers, but also for teachers, social workers and others who can help women;
· Courses in assertiveness, relaxation and stress management;
· Survivors self-help groups;
· Specialist services for Black and Asian women, lesbians and disabled women;
· Outreach to allow us to talk with other women, who might not want to talk on the telephone. Our Friends will: · Always be kept up-to-date with our work, via newsletter updates; · Be invited to all of our public events; · And, most of all, know that you are making a real difference.
To find out more please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Friends will:
· Always be kept up-to-date with our work, via newsletter updates;
· Be invited to all of our public events;
· And, most of all, know that you are making a real difference.
If you can make a donation, no matter how large or small, we would love to hear from you via email to email@example.com.